Pages

Sunday, September 21, 2008

Rain, rain go away

The rain kept me from running injured today. JC said she prayed for rain because she knew it would be the only reason I wouldn't run. Jo-jo said her kids kept her up all night. I think Jo-jo and JC were planning on running without me, I told them last night I would walk run anyway. Whatever the case, I didn't run so good for me. The leg wasn't really quite ready yet and I have a half marathon in two weeks, so I guess the rain save me from running today.

I think I discovered the difference between a
real runner, a smart runner and an addicted runner today.
A real runner will run in the rain and
an addicted runner will run on an injury.
I will use the rain as an excuse to keep from me running injured.
That makes me a smart runner today. Smile.

4 comments:

A Plain Observer said...

I really liked that, a real runner, an addicted runner and a smart runner. I think I have been all of them, not one more than the other but all along a runner, nevertheless.
Thanks for the visit. I enjoyed your blog. I read the poem, beautiful!

Pamela Ann said...

Thank you. Oh, I cant take credit for the poem.

Christie said...

Hmm, I wonder. Can an addicted runner also be known as a stupid runner? Running on an injury is not the smartest thing to do. I know. I've done it.

Pamela Ann said...

Well, like Forest would say, "Stupid is what stupid does." I no longer run injured, but when I feel an injury coming on I'm tempted. But I've had enough to back down now. I have been injuy free almost a year and a half. Thank you for your toughts. Smile.